- Year: 1970
- Trim Level: Swinger
- Body Style: Two-door Hardtop
- Engine: 383 cid V8 (not the original engine)
- Transmission: Automatic (not the original transmission)
- Optional Equipment: Power Steering; Disc Brakes;
Vehicle Cosmetic Condition
- Rust: Rust-through in more than two locations
- Water-tightness: Slight moisture in footwells or trunk
- Paint/straightness: More than one significant dent or paint problem
- Interior: Major rips/tears/cracks/stains in seats/carpet/headliner/dashpad (the original interior)
Vehicle Mechanical Condition
On whether each of the following systems needs more than a minor investment ($100) to function properly:
- Air Conditioning System: Not Applicable
- Braking System: Yes, repairs are needed
- Charging System (battery, alternator, regulator): No
- Driveline (including rear axle): No
- Engine Hardware (compression, oil leaks, etc.): No
- Engine Systems (fuel, ignition, starting, charging): Don't Know
- Transmission (including clutch if applicable): Yes, repairs are needed
This is an original Swinger 340 for sale. It is a 79K mile original car. It is Green metallic with green interior. This car needs a full restoration. This is a low option car-white bumble bee stripe, steelies, hood tie downs, power steering and power disk brakes and day and night mirror. Also has the chrome hood moldings (not currently on the car). This is about it-it is a real sleeper. Has the rallye gauge cluster (no tach) and shift on the column. The original 340 and auto 727 are gone. In their place is a freshly built 383 and used 727 by previous owner (slips in forward gears at times). The 383 is is standard bore, basic rebuild magnum spec. engine with a Holley 600 and has been converted to electronic ignition. The doors fenders, front rockers, hood and trunk floor are all solid. There is no rot around the front or rear windows or cowl as is common with these cars. Car retains most of its original parts.
The fenderwells were not cut and it has coronet manifolds and the schumacker motor mount kit in it. The quarter panels, quarter extensions need replacement and the outer wheelhouses and small section of the drivers side rear rocker (near wheelwell) need patching. The car comes with a new drivers quarter panel from year one and an extra deck lid off of another 70 dart (the original has rust). Three of the four floorboards were replaced, but they werenít done professionally. The only other areas of rust are some minor rust on the drivers side frame rail (under the firewall-not a very big section). This was repaired a long time ago, again not the best job Iíve seen. There is some minor rust in the lower part of the driverís side inner fender well.
The car was an original 3.23 open rear-but has been converted to posi and has the big yoke and a brand new drive shaft. I have the fender tag and build sheet for this car and a clean title. As far as the interior goes-the door panels are good. The seats need to be redone and it needs a new headliner and carpet. The sun visors are good. The gauge cluster has been cut for an aftermarket radio. This car runs and moves, although it has been sitting for a long time (project that wasnít finished) and the brakes are tight. I have a number of parts that go with this car including-a power steering gearbox and pump (it has been converted to manual steering, but retains the power steering column). I have an extra set of hood hinges that go with the car as the originals are shot. Also have extra quarter extensions, and other miscellaneous parts for the car. Parts missing from the car-antenna, a front seatbelt,
I am located in Northern Va and would the price is $2000.
Please email me for pictures.
Price and Contact Information
Return to list of classified ads
Maintained by Joseph Newhouse / E-mail Joseph Newhouse